GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another unknown plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215563-another-unknown-plant.html)

david 13-07-2018 12:47 PM

Another unknown plant

Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 13-07-2018 03:01 PM

Another unknown plant

In article ,
David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

Any information on the flowers, or a much more detailed picture?
Specifically, I can't see what sort of inflorescence it is, but
things like the number of petals would help, too. And are the
leaves rough, smooth or hairy?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

david 13-07-2018 05:44 PM

Another unknown plant

On 13/07/2018 15:01, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

Any information on the flowers, or a much more detailed picture?
Specifically, I can't see what sort of inflorescence it is, but
things like the number of petals would help, too. And are the
leaves rough, smooth or hairy?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

sorry that's all I have

Martin Brown[_2_] 13-07-2018 08:17 PM

Another unknown plant

On 13/07/2018 12:47, David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

The picture I see is white cat in a snowstorm plus a load of clickbait.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Stewart Robert Hinsley 16-07-2018 05:48 PM

Another unknown plant

On 13/07/2018 12:47, David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

It might be Filipendula ulmaria, or possibly one of the foreign species,
but there's too few pixels for me to be sure. (It looks a bit chunky.)

Filipendula ulmaria would have smaller leaflets between the larger ones.

If not I would be looking at Valeriana and Apiaceae. I think Astilbe,
Aruncus and Sorbaria can be eliminated.

--
SRH