Old 13-07-2018, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another unknown plant

Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg
Old 13-07-2018, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

Any information on the flowers, or a much more detailed picture?
Specifically, I can't see what sort of inflorescence it is, but
things like the number of petals would help, too. And are the
leaves rough, smooth or hairy?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-07-2018, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/07/2018 15:01, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

Any information on the flowers, or a much more detailed picture?
Specifically, I can't see what sort of inflorescence it is, but
things like the number of petals would help, too. And are the
leaves rough, smooth or hairy?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

sorry that's all I have
Old 13-07-2018, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/07/2018 12:47, David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

The picture I see is white cat in a snowstorm plus a load of clickbait.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 16-07-2018, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/07/2018 12:47, David wrote:
Does anyone know what this plant is? Asking for a friend as I have no
idea, the leaves are throwing me.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2h867et.jpg

It might be Filipendula ulmaria, or possibly one of the foreign species,
but there's too few pixels for me to be sure. (It looks a bit chunky.)

Filipendula ulmaria would have smaller leaflets between the larger ones.

If not I would be looking at Valeriana and Apiaceae. I think Astilbe,
Aruncus and Sorbaria can be eliminated.

--
SRH