Old 08-08-2018, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedge Trimmer Recommendations

On 07/08/2018 21:50, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 05/08/2018 20:54, TheChief wrote:
Being of aÂ* certain ageÂ* and driving a desk for a living, both the
Â* weight of anything and also the requirement to keep two go
Â* buttons pressed will have to be a focus.

My (old, battery, not very powerful) hedge trimmer has a trigger and two
switches in the other handle, which you have to keep squeezed.

Any decent design should require you to hold the thing with two hands
before the safety interlock will come off. It avoids people waving
chainsaws and hedge trimmers at arms length and falling off ladders
lopping parts of themselves off in the process.

Hard.

My grip is pretty strong, but I find this is the limit on how long I can
use it. I have to stop every so often.

All the battery ones I have ever encountered lacked power and would run
for 15 minutes of heavy cutting at most and then required at least 2
hours of recharging (not ones with removable battery packs).

I could level the same claim against Dyson rechargeable vacuum cleaners
too but their cordless nature makes them handy for doing quick clean up
jobs and the relatively short runtime is compensated by convenience.

The same is not true of hedge trimmers where you end up waiting and
waiting for the thing to recharge with only a fraction of the job done.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown