Old 09-08-2018, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scary - grass growing as we watch

Rain today for the first time in a while.

The grass outside is significantly longer than it was this morning - you
can almost see it growing.

Hopefully the rain will stop before the grass is above head height.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old 10-08-2018, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 09/08/2018 14:13, David wrote:
Rain today for the first time in a while.

The grass outside is significantly longer than it was this morning - you
can almost see it growing.

Hopefully the rain will stop before the grass is above head height.

It is amazing how quickly it greens up again once the rains come. It was
looking brown and dead like coconut matting only a couple of weeks ago.
Now is the time that you can see any hidden foundations of old buildings
and archeological structures in the crops and fields.

I suspect some of the dwarf conifers round here have had it though. They
are also brown and crispy this summer, don't often recover well and if
they do tend to have unsightly dead chunks in amongst the green growth.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 10-08-2018, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9 Aug 2018 13:13:53 GMT, David wrote:

Rain today for the first time in a while.

The grass outside is significantly longer than it was this morning - you
can almost see it growing.

Hopefully the rain will stop before the grass is above head height.

More significantly you should be hoping the rain stops before the
water is above head height.

--
AnthonyL

Old 14-08-2018, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/08/2018 09:55, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/08/2018 14:13, David wrote:
Rain today for the first time in a while.

The grass outside is significantly longer than it was this morning - you
can almost see it growing.

Hopefully the rain will stop before the grass is above head height.

It is amazing how quickly it greens up again once the rains come. It was
looking brown and dead like coconut matting only a couple of weeks ago.
Now is the time that you can see any hidden foundations of old buildings
and archeological structures in the crops and fields.

S.E.Essex, I've just come back from being away for 3 weeks and the grass
still looks like coconut matting apart from the weeds which are 1 ft
high in random places! Most of the stuff in the beds has survived apart
from one long established Hebe where 90% of the leaves have turned brown
and have shriveled. The other 10% of leaves are still green(ish)