GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fruit ID please. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215653-fruit-id-please.html)

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 22-08-2018 02:34 PM

Fruit ID please.

This photo was taken by a friend at Newstead Abbey in Notts. Can anyone tell me what type of fruit it is, please? Sorry it's a small image it is the only one provided.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrbehXB

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 22-08-2018 02:35 PM

Fruit ID please.

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 14:34:10 UTC+1, Compo in Caithness wrote:
This photo was taken by a friend at Newstead Abbey in Notts. Can anyone tell me what type of fruit it is, please? Sorry it's a small image it is the only one provided.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrbehXB

If you click on the flickr image it will enlarge.

david 22-08-2018 02:47 PM

Fruit ID please.

On 22/08/2018 14:34, Compo in Caithness wrote:
This photo was taken by a friend at Newstead Abbey in Notts. Can anyone tell me what type of fruit it is, please? Sorry it's a small image it is the only one provided.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrbehXB

Looks like a young fruit on Pyrus salicifolia pendula a weeping form of
the Willow-leaved Pear.

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 23-08-2018 08:13 AM

Fruit ID please.

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 14:47:58 UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
On 22/08/2018 14:34, Compo in Caithness wrote:
This photo was taken by a friend at Newstead Abbey in Notts. Can anyone tell me what type of fruit it is, please? Sorry it's a small image it is the only one provided.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrbehXB

Looks like a young fruit on Pyrus salicifolia pendula a weeping form of
the Willow-leaved Pear.

Thank you Dave; I have just taken a look at images of Pyrus salicifolia pendula and it looks like you may be correct.