Old 24-08-2018, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cordyline recovery

Janet wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Winter wasn't too kind to mine, I had to give it quite a haircut to trim
the dead leaves, but a few weeks ago I noticed some new growth at the
centre, so it's on the mend.

Today I've noticed there are actually several points of new growth
bursting out around the edges, will these eventually take over from the
old plant (which still has pretty sad looking leaves)?

Yes, each bud will grow into a new trunk and you'll end up with a
healthy multi-stemmed tree. Surpriaingly fast.

Is it best to just leave it to its own devices or is there a time when
separating these off is best?

I just let mine do their own thing (but I like it when they have
multiple trunks)

Well I think the cordyline has done pretty well in a couple of months, I
cut off most of the dead laves and gradually plucked out the remainder
as they rotted at the base.

http://andyburns.uk/photos/cordyline_recovery.jpg

For the first time my (juniper?/cypress?/whatever) has grown some berries

http://andyburns.uk/photos/juniper_berries.jpg

Old 24-08-2018, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

For the first time my (juniper?/cypress?/whatever) has grown some berries

http://andyburns.uk/photos/juniper_berries.jpg

Er, yew - DON'T eat the berries! The red aril isn't too poisonous, but the seed
is Bad News - though not as bad as it was believed to be in Shakespeare's day.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-08-2018, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nick Maclaren wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

For the first time my (juniper?/cypress?/whatever) has grown some berries

http://andyburns.uk/photos/juniper_berries.jpg

Er, yew

Ah yes whatever=yew thanks, I couldn't find the tag from when I planted it.

DON'T eat the berries! The red aril isn't too poisonous, but the seed
is Bad News - though not as bad as it was believed to be in Shakespeare's day.

Not planning to eat anything, it's so slow growing it doesn't need
pruning either.

Need recovery! alabbe0405 Orchids 3 24-04-2004 08:02 PM
Ailing Masdevallia - any hope of recovery? Ben Durbin Orchids 4 10-11-2003 12:32 PM
Hurricane Recovery Help Please - I'm stumped royroy Gardening 2 28-09-2003 06:02 AM
Oak recovery Mike Prager Gardening 6 23-09-2003 03:06 AM
amazing recovery Ted Byers Orchids 2 21-03-2003 12:56 PM