Old 16-09-2018, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rotavator Rental

We're on clay, and now my new man-cave is (almost) complete I have some
landscaping to do. The digger driver reckoned there were about 65 tonnes
of earth, and it's over about 50 m^2. Then he drove all over it on a
damp day, and it's all set like concrete. A small rotavator wouldn't do
it (I tried!) but I reckon my dad's old Howard 350 wouldn't have too
much trouble... except that was 40 years ago.

I assume there's something similar available these days? Suggestions
please? Extra points if it can be rented from somewhere near the
Essex/Suffolk/Cambs border.

Andy
Old 17-09-2018, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/09/2018 22:51, Vir Campestris wrote:
We're on clay, and now my new man-cave is (almost) complete I have some
landscaping to do. The digger driver reckoned there were about 65 tonnes
of earth, and it's over about 50 m^2. Then he drove all over it on a
damp day, and it's all set like concrete. A small rotavator wouldn't do
it (I tried!) but I reckon my dad's old Howard 350 wouldn't have too
much trouble... except that was 40 years ago.

I assume there's something similar available these days? Suggestions
please?Â* Extra points if it can be rented from somewhere near the
Essex/Suffolk/Cambs border.

Andy

I'd try to find someone to do the job, they will be quicker as they knw
their machine.
Old 17-09-2018, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Vir Campestris wrote:
We're on clay, and now my new man-cave is (almost) complete I have some
landscaping to do. The digger driver reckoned there were about 65 tonnes
of earth, and it's over about 50 m^2. Then he drove all over it on a
damp day, and it's all set like concrete. A small rotavator wouldn't do
it (I tried!) but I reckon my dad's old Howard 350 wouldn't have too
much trouble... except that was 40 years ago.

I assume there's something similar available these days? Suggestions
please? Extra points if it can be rented from somewhere near the
Essex/Suffolk/Cambs border.

I bought an ancient Howard Rotavator a few years ago and it has served
us well ever since. Almost certainly cheaper than renting one, and
they do still appear occasionally on eBay etc.

--
Chris Green
·

Rental Equipment Jo North Carolina 3 08-02-2005 03:11 PM
Mulcher / Chipper Rental Bongle North Carolina 2 13-11-2003 04:22 PM
Mulcher / Chipper Rental Bongle North Carolina 1 12-11-2003 07:03 PM
Howard rotavator spares - where? [email protected] United Kingdom 13 31-07-2003 10:42 AM
Woodchipper rental Jason Jones North Carolina 1 23-06-2003 06:56 PM