GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can you ID this shrub please? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215717-can-you-id-shrub-please.html)

[email protected] 23-09-2018 02:29 PM

Can you ID this shrub please?

Here is a shrub I picked up recently from a car boot sale in Dorset.
Can you identify it for me, please?
The pot is about 150mm (6")diameter, to give you an idea of the size.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kgufvi7sNVJ3Axu57

Many thanks!

Al

Janet 23-09-2018 02:33 PM

Can you ID this shrub please?

In article ,
says...

Here is a shrub I picked up recently from a car boot sale in Dorset.
Can you identify it for me, please?
The pot is about 150mm (6")diameter, to give you an idea of the size.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kgufvi7sNVJ3Axu57

Many thanks!

Al

Might be a ceanothus,if not that, maybe escallonia.

Janet.

[email protected] 23-09-2018 02:46 PM

Can you ID this shrub please?

On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 2:33:43 PM UTC+1, Janet wrote:

Might be a ceanothus,if not that, maybe escallonia.

Janet.

Thank you, Janet. Now you mention it, I think it's ceanothus, because the name 'Californian Lilac' was mentioned, when discussing the group of shrubs I bought.
Regards,
Al