GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Courgettes in tubs - not growing large but still producing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215733-courgettes-tubs-not-growing-large-but-still-producing.html)

David[_24_] 04-10-2018 12:14 PM

Courgettes in tubs - not growing large but still producing

The yellow courgettes are a bit of a puzzle.

They are still flowering and setting new fruit, but the existing fruit
isn't growing like a mad thing like earlier in the year.

I will remove all but a couple of the newest fruit (and eat them) and see
what happens but I though marrows and courgettes kept growing in the
autumn once the fruit was set.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 04-10-2018 01:10 PM

Courgettes in tubs - not growing large but still producing

In article ,
David wrote:
The yellow courgettes are a bit of a puzzle.

They are still flowering and setting new fruit, but the existing fruit
isn't growing like a mad thing like earlier in the year.

I will remove all but a couple of the newest fruit (and eat them) and see
what happens but I though marrows and courgettes kept growing in the
autumn once the fruit was set.

Remember that we have only 2/3 the light of midsummer. The reason
that many such plants grow but don't ripen is for that reason, not
the temperatures.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.