GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Therapeutic farming, gardening and beekeeping programs for militaryveterans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215784-therapeutic-farming-gardening-beekeeping-programs-militaryveterans.html)

David Hill 12-11-2018 04:51 PM

Therapeutic farming, gardening and beekeeping programs for militaryveterans

I was reading this article
http://www.operationwearehere.com/FarmTherapy.html
And got to wondering if we have anything like it in the UK

alan_m 12-11-2018 06:59 PM

On 12/11/2018 17:33, Jenny M Benson wrote:
On 12-Nov-18 04:51 PM, David Hill wrote:
I was reading this article
http://www.operationwearehere.com/FarmTherapy.html
And got to wondering if we have anything like it in the UK

I'm sure I've seen a programme about some sort of gardening therapy for
ex-military personnel, but can't now remember any details.

The have been some on the Forces TV channel where ex-service people do a
"DIY SOS" type program. They have constructed gardens for charities
offering therapeutic therapy for ex-veterans in the UK.

The program is a DIY SOS type rip off where they repeatedly remind the
viewer that the core workers, all being ex-service, are far superior to
their civilian counterparts.

Janet 12-11-2018 08:15 PM

Therapeutic farming, gardening and beekeeping programs for military veterans

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

I was reading this article
http://www.operationwearehere.com/FarmTherapy.html
And got to wondering if we have anything like it in the UK

http://www.farmable.co.uk/about-us

Janet

David Hill 12-11-2018 08:30 PM

Therapeutic farming, gardening and beekeeping programs formilitary veterans

On 12/11/2018 18:02, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 16:51:21 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

I was reading this article
http://www.operationwearehere.com/FarmTherapy.html
And got to wondering if we have anything like it in the UK

There seem to be plenty of references here
https://tinyurl.com/yct6fetz

Links seem to be a little out of date and relate to gardening as a hobby
or short term broject, nothing long term as in the US.