GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blackpool Tomatoes? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215827-blackpool-tomatoes.html)

Judith in England[_2_] 21-12-2018 01:25 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

We talked about tomatoes.

I said that this year I was growing : SUNGOLD, MARMANDE, ALICANTE,
GARDENERS DELIGHT , TIGERELLA and POMODORO

They said they preferred Blackpool or Jersey tomatoes.

I said that I did not know of them - they assured me that they always
bought them every year.

Can anyone explain please?

(I's also be interested in comments in what I am growing - apart from
Sungold - they were a mixed bag (separate packets) from Aldi)

Bob Hobden[_6_] 21-12-2018 03:10 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

On 21 Dec 2018 13:25, Judith in England wrote:
I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

We talked about tomatoes.

I said that this year I was growing : SUNGOLD, MARMANDE, ALICANTE,
GARDENERS DELIGHT , TIGERELLA and POMODORO

They said they preferred Blackpool or Jersey tomatoes.

I said that I did not know of them - they assured me that they always
bought them every year.

Can anyone explain please?

(I's also be interested in comments in what I am growing - apart from
Sungold - they were a mixed bag (separate packets) from Aldi)

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Stewart Robert Hinsley 21-12-2018 04:25 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

On 21/12/2018 15:10, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 21 Dec 2018 13:25, Judith in England wrote:
I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

We talked about tomatoes.

I said that this year I was growing : SUNGOLD, MARMANDE, ALICANTE,
GARDENERS DELIGHT , TIGERELLA and POMODORO

They said they preferred Blackpool or Jersey tomatoes.

I said that I did not know of them - they assured me that they always
bought them every year.

Can anyone explain please?

(I's also be interested in comments in what I am growing - apart from
Sungold - they were a mixed bag (separate packets) from Aldi)

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/unite...-tomatoes.html

(Complete with various replies.)

--
SRH

Jeff Layman[_2_] 21-12-2018 04:34 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

On 21/12/18 16:25, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 21/12/2018 15:10, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 21 Dec 2018 13:25, Judith in England wrote:
I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

We talked about tomatoes.

I said that this year I was growing : SUNGOLD, MARMANDE, ALICANTE,
GARDENERS DELIGHT , TIGERELLA and POMODORO

They said they preferred Blackpool or Jersey tomatoes.

I said that I did not know of them - they assured me that they always
bought them every year.

Can anyone explain please?

(I's also be interested in comments in what I am growing - apart from
Sungold - they were a mixed bag (separate packets) from Aldi)

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/unite...-tomatoes.html

(Complete with various replies.)

Interesting. The OP is new according to its source code and message-ID
through http://al.howardknight.net/.

--

Jeff

Andy Burns[_7_] 21-12-2018 05:03 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

Bob Hobden wrote:

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

Probably, it's fake judith using a privacy.net address

Janet 21-12-2018 11:55 PM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

In article ,
says...

Bob Hobden wrote:

Is this an old post, I seem to recognise it from years ago.

Probably, it's fake judith using a privacy.net address

Why "fake Judith"? Judith (Smith) In England has posted to urg (on
topic) from that address for a long while.

Are you confusing her with Judith (Lea)In France?

Janet.

Andy Burns[_7_] 22-12-2018 12:02 AM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

Janet wrote:

Why "fake Judith"? Judith (Smith) In England has posted to urg (on
topic) from that address for a long while.

Because fake judith has recently adopted the "Judith in England"
moniker, check the actual email address, see also recent discussions in
uk.net.news.moderation.

Judith in England 22-12-2018 11:41 AM

Blackpool Tomatoes?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:25:39 +0000 (UTC), Judith in England
wrote:

I have been visiting some friends in Blackpool.

I couldn't give a shit: but just so that you are all aware.

There is a forger operating in the uk newsgroups who selects someone's posting
name : eg "Judith in England" with the email address of

I have used the posting name of Judith in England
in this group for some years (to differentiate from Judith in France)

As many others have said the forger obviously has mental health issues and no
friends so he has to take someone else's identity.

Rather sad really.