Old 22-12-2018, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Does anyone know the difference between Kubota ST30 and STa30 models?

I'm hunting around for a good Kubota compact tractor to do various
jobs around our 9 acres of pasture, orchard etc. It's to replace a
worn out Kubota T1600H mower and an Iseki Tu18 tractor.

I think I have narrowed my search down to something from the Kubota ST
series. There are various models:-

ST30 - first in series, 2000-2005
STa30 and STa35 - Often with alpha instead of a, newer (I think) than ST30
STV32/STV36/STV40 - 2005-2014 approx., mostly a bit too expensive for me
STW34/STW40 - current models

I can't find anywhere that shows the difference between the original
ST30 and the STa30. The trouble is that they are Europe only models
and most in depth Kubota information can be found in the USA where
these models don't exist (and they *aren't* the same as, or even similar
to, any USA models).

Does anyone know (or know where I might find out) the difference? One
dealer I spoke to (who has an STA35 for sale) said something about the
hydraulics being re-routed on the A/alpha series which might suggest
there was a weakness in the ST30. If this is true then I'd like to
avoid the ST30 but it would be good to know exactly what it's all about.

--
Chris Green
·