Old 29-12-2018, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blocked watering can

I've just planted a conifer, and decided to give it a good soak as it's
a bit close to the accursed ash tree, even though that is dormant. The
watering can was about half full of rainwater, as it had been left out.
A few seconds after I started to pour the water out, it stopped flowing
from the spout. Suspecting the usual - a snail halfway up - I peered
inside the can to see what appear to be a large lump of moss. On closer
inspection, it was a very fat, very dead mouse!

--

Jeff
Old 29-12-2018, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

A few seconds after I started to pour the water out, it stopped flowing
from the spout. Suspecting the usual - a snail halfway up - I peered
inside the can to see what appear to be a large lump of moss. On closer
inspection, it was a very fat, very dead mouse!

Last time I had that problem it was a live frog.