Old 24-02-2019, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Servicing a Countax C600H

The grass is starting to grow and I haven't serviced the mower yet.
Apart from changing oil and filter, a general check and clean, and a
blade sharpen, what else do other owners do?
I have some slop in the steering, which seems to be caused by the fit of
the steering pinion in the quadrant, although there doesn't seem to be
much wear. Can the lower steering shaft bearing housing position be
adjusted to minimise the slop?
Old 24-02-2019, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 20:05:35 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

wrote:
The grass is starting to grow and I haven't serviced the mower yet.
Apart from changing oil and filter, a general check and clean, and a
blade sharpen, what else do other owners do?
I have some slop in the steering, which seems to be caused by the fit of
the steering pinion in the quadrant, although there doesn't seem to be
much wear. Can the lower steering shaft bearing housing position be
adjusted to minimise the slop?

Without knowing make and model how are we supposed to know? You
haven't actually told us it's a ride-on mower but (using my psychic
powers) I assume it is because it has some sort of steering.

The clue is in the title!

Yes, oops, but I'd gone past that when I replied! :-)

--
Chris Green
·

DIY mower servicing gashton34 Lawns 13 25-02-2011 07:30 PM
Mountfield mower servicing. Peter C[_2_] United Kingdom 5 25-02-2009 09:51 PM
WTD: Countax C600H Mower Instructions Gerry Hooper United Kingdom 3 14-04-2004 11:35 PM
Servicing sprinkler systems Patch Lawns 3 27-04-2003 03:09 PM
Lawn Mower Servicing Harry Rogers United Kingdom 16 18-04-2003 09:20 AM