GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seed potato storage. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215933-seed-potato-storage.html)

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq 03-03-2019 07:09 PM

Seed potato storage.

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

Regards

AB

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 03-03-2019 07:12 PM

Seed potato storage.

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

I doubt it. It might be possible if you could keep them in a
temperature and humidity controlled room, but not otherwise.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Bob Hobden[_6_] 03-03-2019 11:09 PM

Seed potato storage.

On 3 Mar 2019 19:09, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

Planted them? Polytunnel, greenhouse?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Jeff Layman[_2_] 04-03-2019 07:24 AM

Seed potato storage.

On 03/03/19 19:09, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

Regards

AB

Got an allotment nearby? Maybe offer them there in exchange for some
other fruit or veg crop later.

--

Jeff

Janet 04-03-2019 12:12 PM

Seed potato storage.

In article ,
says...

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

No.

I'd just pass them on to other gardeners.

Janet

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq 29-03-2019 08:32 PM

Seed potato storage.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 12:12:50 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

Hi,
I seem to have overdone the seed potato order last year.

I have planted all those I had the time and space available for, can
those I have left be stored in any way for2020?

No.

I'd just pass them on to other gardeners.

Janet

Thanks for the replies.

I planted most of them now, didn't have much time but I simply dug
holes in the "lawn" with an auger, dropped a seed spud in and covered.

There are no allotments, just farms nearby and I doubt that a few
potatoes would be of interest.

Some of last years crop that I planted in containers are sprouting
again, they were a bit small so I have doubts that they will come to
much. Might be enough to keep the slugs happy :-(

AB