Old 13-03-2019, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lemons - don't last on the tree forever. :-(

We have had a couple of lemons very slowly growing and ripening for about
2 years now.
I picked one before Xmas and later sliced and froze it.
I expected the one still on the tree to last better, but it started to go
brown, and I've only just noticed.

Anyway, best to pick your lemons whilst you can. It seemed such a rare
crop I couldn't justify picking it for a non-special occasion. Now most of
it is in the bin and the rest in the freezer for G&T garnish.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old 16-03-2019, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/03/2019 20:12, David wrote:
We have had a couple of lemons very slowly growing and ripening for about
2 years now.
I picked one before Xmas and later sliced and froze it.
I expected the one still on the tree to last better, but it started to go
brown, and I've only just noticed.

Anyway, best to pick your lemons whilst you can. It seemed such a rare
crop I couldn't justify picking it for a non-special occasion. Now most of
it is in the bin and the rest in the freezer for G&T garnish.

Cheers

Dave R

Nice problem to have though!!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

Japanes Knotweed - how to kill it forever ? adm United Kingdom 11 13-07-2012 11:35 AM
Tecumsehs last forever theChas. Lawns 15 03-06-2007 11:02 PM
Strawberry fields forever Doc Gardening 2 06-06-2006 11:54 PM
don't live the lemons usably, measure them wistfully Jim United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 02:55 PM
Live Forever KathyA2 Gardening 8 27-06-2003 04:32 AM