GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/216133-plant-id.html)

Jeff Layman[_2_] 27-05-2019 10:02 AM

Plant ID

Seen yesterday at an NGS garden. The leaves are about 10 mm long.The
whole plant was about 80 cm high and 150 cm across. Apparently fully hardy.

Maybe a Spiraea?

https://ibb.co/NN2GXkx

--

Jeff

Stewart Robert Hinsley 27-05-2019 11:28 AM

Plant ID

On 27/05/2019 10:02, Jeff Layman wrote:
Seen yesterday at an NGS garden. The leaves are about 10 mm long.The
whole plant was about 80 cm high and 150 cm across. Apparently fully hardy.

Maybe a Spiraea?

https://ibb.co/NN2GXkx

I had to hit my files to remind myself of the name, but I think that
this is Stephanandra incisa, and probably cv. 'Crispa'. Wikipedia tells
me that Stephanandra has been sunk in Neillia, and it is now Neillia incisa.

--
SRH

Jeff Layman[_2_] 27-05-2019 12:38 PM

Plant ID

On 27/05/19 11:28, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 27/05/2019 10:02, Jeff Layman wrote:
Seen yesterday at an NGS garden. The leaves are about 10 mm long.The
whole plant was about 80 cm high and 150 cm across. Apparently fully hardy.

Maybe a Spiraea?

https://ibb.co/NN2GXkx

I had to hit my files to remind myself of the name, but I think that
this is Stephanandra incisa, and probably cv. 'Crispa'. Wikipedia tells
me that Stephanandra has been sunk in Neillia, and it is now Neillia incisa.

Thanks - quick and accurate! I'm not familiar with it, although I had
heard of it. And it is related to Spiraea.

The garden owner gave me a few cuttings, so I'll try to root them.

--

Jeff