Old 07-09-2019, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Brunnera seeding itself

Last autumn I put in several plants of Brunnera Alexander's Great in a
group, and they've done pretty well - plenty of marbled leaves and
blue forget-me-not flowers. But I see several seedlings have appeared
in and around them, which worries me a little. I've just spent recent
years eliminating ordinary forget-me-not's from the garden, and
seedlings still appear. I don't want to exchange one freely seeding
plant for another. I know some people like forget-me-not's, and some
like things to seed freely, but I'm not keen on forget-me-not's and I
like a bit of order in the garden.

So, the question is - does Brunnera seed itself freely, or are
seedlings not going to be a problem? One or two I can cope with -
plant them elsewhere of give them away - but not hundreds!

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, looking E, Sheltered and partially shaded by trees to the W and SW