Old 27-10-2019, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tulips help please

I planted a fair number of tulip bulbs a couple of weeks ago, looking
forward to a good display in Spring. However they have already started
showing growth above ground. will they be OK until Spring, or are they
going to fail? I carefully planted them the stated depth. I suspect the
unseasonal weather is to blame.
Old 27-10-2019, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/10/2019 13:53, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 13:22:21 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

I planted a fair number of tulip bulbs a couple of weeks ago, looking
forward to a good display in Spring. However they have already started
showing growth above ground. will they be OK until Spring, or are they
going to fail? I carefully planted them the stated depth. I suspect the
unseasonal weather is to blame.

I did the same - planted a lot about three weeks ago, but no sign of
them above ground. But they are generally fairly hardy and should
survive a light frost or two, although yours do seem to be a bit
premature. Who knows, tulips for Christmas?

But I want them for Spring! :-(