GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/216747-rocoto-capsicum-pubescens.html)

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 26-02-2020 04:41 PM

Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens)

Mine have overwintered nicely - now to see how they crop this year!
People who want to overwinter chillis, but have difficulty, might
like to try this species, because it is naturally a perennial.
It is hot, I like the taste, but it doesn't dry brilliantly because
it is thick-fleshed. It has black seeds :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Bob Hobden[_6_] 26-02-2020 06:07 PM

Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens)

On 26 Feb 2020 16:41, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Mine have overwintered nicely - now to see how they crop this year!
People who want to overwinter chillis, but have difficulty, might
like to try this species, because it is naturally a perennial.
It is hot, I like the taste, but it doesn't dry brilliantly because
it is thick-fleshed. It has black seeds :-)

Thank you for that Nick. Not tried that variety and whenever I have
tried to overwinter it's been a waste of time. Does it freeze well?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 26-02-2020 07:09 PM

Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens)

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

Mine have overwintered nicely - now to see how they crop this year!
People who want to overwinter chillis, but have difficulty, might
like to try this species, because it is naturally a perennial.
It is hot, I like the taste, but it doesn't dry brilliantly because
it is thick-fleshed. It has black seeds :-)

Thank you for that Nick. Not tried that variety and whenever I have
tried to overwinter it's been a waste of time. Does it freeze well?

No idea, because we don't do that. I still have some fresh ones
hanging on the plant, though rather more have shrivelled and dropped
off.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.