GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hoorah - Frog Spawn! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/216757-hoorah-frog-spawn.html)

Another John 08-03-2020 06:53 PM

Hoorah - Frog Spawn!

Hoorah! The frogs turned up in numbers this weekend, and they have been
producing spawn like nobody's business ...

But they have produced most of it in the "shallow end" of our pond, and
therefore much of it is sitting proud of the water surface. Should I
shove it into deeper water so that it remains submerged? I'm thinking
not only of too-warm sun, but of frost.

Cheers
John

David[_24_] 08-03-2020 11:29 PM

Hoorah - Frog Spawn!

On Sun, 08 Mar 2020 17:53:52 +0000, Another John wrote:

Hoorah! The frogs turned up in numbers this weekend, and they have been
producing spawn like nobody's business ...

But they have produced most of it in the "shallow end" of our pond, and
therefore much of it is sitting proud of the water surface. Should I
shove it into deeper water so that it remains submerged? I'm thinking
not only of too-warm sun, but of frost.

Cheers John

You could consider it natural selection.