Old 16-03-2020, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default If the country goes into lockdown....

As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be able to buy anything because everything but food shops will
be closed.

I did note that HomeBase had very little plant stock apart from bedding.
Racks out front, but absolutely nothing out back which is usually rammed.

Easter should be interesting.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 16-03-2020, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/03/2020 14:22, David wrote:
As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be able to buy anything because everything but food shops will
be closed.

I did note that HomeBase had very little plant stock apart from bedding.
Racks out front, but absolutely nothing out back which is usually rammed.

Easter should be interesting.

B&Q at Easter is modelled on one of the inner circles of Hell.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 16-03-2020, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 16/03/2020 14:22, David wrote:
As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be able to buy anything because everything but food shops will
be closed.

I did note that HomeBase had very little plant stock apart from bedding.
Racks out front, but absolutely nothing out back which is usually rammed.

Easter should be interesting.

B&Q at Easter is modelled on one of the inner circles of Hell.

Nah. When a senior demon visited it at that time a few years ago, he
reported that hell was in danger of being superseded, so a circle
was remodelled along the lines that B&Q has pioneered.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 16-03-2020, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16 Mar 2020 14:22:33 GMT, David wrote:
As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be able to buy anything because everything but food shops will
be closed.

I did note that HomeBase had very little plant stock apart from bedding.
Racks out front, but absolutely nothing out back which is usually rammed.

Easter should be interesting.

I was wondering how this will affect the proper local nurseries,
however a bit of clarification today so they don't say stay in but
avoid crowded places so they should be OK. Not so sure many Pubs will
survive.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-03-2020, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:33:06 +0000, Pwllgloyw
wrote:

Mail Order seeds, and start from basics as everyone did in the past

You _are_ saving seeds from your best open-pollinated plants, right?

(SWMBO and I are "sheltering in place" for a while).

Old 19-03-2020, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Mar 2020 21:33, Pwllgloyw wrote:
Mail Order seeds, and start from basics as everyone did in the past

On 16/03/2020 14:22, David wrote:
As far as I can see just when you have no excuse to avoid the gardening,
you won't be able to buy anything because everything but food shops will
be closed.

I did note that HomeBase had very little plant stock apart from bedding.
Racks out front, but absolutely nothing out back which is usually rammed.

Easter should be interesting.

Not everyone has a greenhouse big enough for all the seeds they will
need. I certainly haven't enough room for all the veg and flowers too.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden