Old 03-04-2020, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sources for Tomato Planter Growbags

Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can
purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ? Given their
weight & bulk, I can't see these being very practical as online sales
for small volumes.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2020, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

If it helps, I live near Winchester.

On 03/04/2020 11:13, Paul G wrote:
Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can
purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ?Â* Given their

Old 03-04-2020, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Paul G wrote:

any idea where I can purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ?

ASDA
Old 03-04-2020, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 03 Apr 2020 11:13:18 +0100, Paul G wrote:

Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can
purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ? Given their
weight & bulk, I can't see these being very practical as online sales
for small volumes.

Thanks

I think most supermarkets will have something on offer.

Co-op and Lidl do at the moment and I assume that others do as well.
Couldn't get in to Morrisons because of the long queue.

Our local hardware store is still open as per regulations and they do
gardening stuff.

A local Farm Shop also sells gardening stuff.

So they are out there.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 03-04-2020, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul G" wrote in message ...

If it helps, I live near Winchester.

On 03/04/2020 11:13, Paul G wrote:
Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can purchase
Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ? Given their weight & bulk,
I can't see these being very practical as online sales for small volumes.

Thanks

FWIW, Dundry (just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester) has
apparently re-opened (the notice on the web site has gone, and someone else
said it was open). A "proper" nursery too. Has seed potatoes galore.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/20 11:14, Paul G wrote:
If it helps, I live near Winchester.

On 03/04/2020 11:13, Paul G wrote:
Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can
purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ?Â* Given their
weight & bulk, I can't see these being very practical as online sales
for small volumes.

Do you still have any old growbags? Provided there wasn't any disease
(such as blight), why not reuse them? Just water with tomato fertiliser
from the start.

--

Jeff
Old 03-04-2020, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/04/2020 11:13, Paul G wrote:
Mindful that the garden centres are closed, any idea where I can
purchase Westland or Levington et al. tomato growbags ?Â* Given their
weight & bulk, I can't see these being very practical as online sales
for small volumes.

Thanks

I buy mine from our local hardware shop who are still open. I did see
some other brands in Aldi last week.

Mike