Old 11-04-2020, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can you identify this weed/flower

It is bushy (4"-6" - 6") and self seeding and quite pretty. It grows
anywhere, particularly in hedges and stone walls and does well in the
winter. It has rhubarb red stems and its leaves has five lobes, some of
which are now turning red. It has filled a ditch at my bowling green and I
may leave it because it is quite attractive. I tried Google but without
success. I do not have photographic means.

Old 11-04-2020, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/04/2020 20:14, Emrys Davies wrote:
It is bushy (4"-6" - 6") and self seeding and quite pretty.Â* It grows
anywhere, particularly in hedges and stone walls and does well in the
winter.Â* It has rhubarb red stems and its leaves has five lobes, some of
which are now turning red. It has filled a ditch at my bowling green and
I may leave it because it is quite attractive.Â* I tried Google but
without success.Â* I do not have photographic means.

Geranium robertianum (herb robert)? (But that has disssected leaves -
5-lobed leaves could be Geranium lucidum (shining cranesbill).)

--
SRH
Old 11-04-2020, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/04/2020 20:14, Emrys Davies wrote:
It is bushy (4"-6" - 6") and self seeding and quite pretty. It grows
anywhere, particularly in hedges and stone walls and does well in the
winter. It has rhubarb red stems and its leaves has five lobes, some of
which are now turning red. It has filled a ditch at my bowling green and
I may leave it because it is quite attractive. I tried Google but
without success. I do not have photographic means.

Geranium robertianum (herb robert)? (But that has disssected leaves -
5-lobed leaves could be Geranium lucidum (shining cranesbill).)

--
SRH

You said: "5-lobed leaves could be Geranium lucidum (shining cranesbill).)"
and you are absolutely correct. Many thanks.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

On 11/04/2020 20:14, Emrys Davies wrote:
It is bushy (4"-6" - 6") and self seeding and quite pretty. It grows
anywhere, particularly in hedges and stone walls and does well in the
winter. It has rhubarb red stems and its leaves has five lobes, some of
which are now turning red. It has filled a ditch at my bowling green and
I may leave it because it is quite attractive. I tried Google but
without success. I do not have photographic means.

Geranium robertianum (herb robert)? (But that has disssected leaves -
5-lobed leaves could be Geranium lucidum (shining cranesbill).)

--
SRH

You said: "5-lobed leaves could be Geranium lucidum (shining
cranesbill).)"
and you are absolutely correct. Many thanks.

Stewart; Just a point of interest to me, these plants are less that a meter
from out very precious bowling green. I have read about them firing their
seeds far and wide so obviously some of them will land on the green. The
latter is cut very low three or four times a week in the early spring and
summer and there is not a weed in sight so do you think that there is any
chance of this plant being invasive in any way? I tend the green and have
not seen any evidence of them so far.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Emrys Davies wrote:

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

Stewart; Just a point of interest to me, these plants are less that a meter
from out very precious bowling green. I have read about them firing their
seeds far and wide so obviously some of them will land on the green. The
latter is cut very low three or four times a week in the early spring and
summer and there is not a weed in sight so do you think that there is any
chance of this plant being invasive in any way? I tend the green and have
not seen any evidence of them so far.

Very few taller plants will tolerate that sort of cutting.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.