GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identification please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/216880-identification-please.html)

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 20-04-2020 11:12 AM

Identification please

I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue. Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Andy Burns[_7_] 20-04-2020 11:24 AM

Identification please

Nick Maclaren wrote:
I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue.

Can even SRH identify it from such a small clue?

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 20-04-2020 12:20 PM

Identification please

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue.

Can even SRH identify it from such a small clue?

Er, no :-) Blame it on my advancing senility! Thanks for pointing
that out. Here is the pictu

https://imgur.com/a/IIAa29C

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 20-04-2020 12:29 PM

Identification please

On 20/04/2020 12:20, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue.

Can even SRH identify it from such a small clue?

Er, no :-) Blame it on my advancing senility! Thanks for pointing
that out. Here is the pictu

https://imgur.com/a/IIAa29C

Tristagma uniflorum aka spring starflower.

--
SRH

Jeff Layman[_2_] 20-04-2020 01:37 PM

Identification please

Andy Burns wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue.

Can even SRH identify it from such a small clue?

Er, no :-) Blame it on my advancing senility! Thanks for pointing
that out. Here is the pictu

https://imgur.com/a/IIAa29C

Tristagma uniflorum aka spring starflower.

I still prefer the name Ipheion uniflorum.

--

Jeff

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 20-04-2020 01:39 PM

Identification please

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/IIAa29C

Tristagma uniflorum aka spring starflower.

Thank you very much! It's a very nice plant. Given the way it is
growing, I doubt I need to do much for it, but SWMBO would like me
to establish another clump.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 20-04-2020 03:00 PM

Identification please

Andy BurnsÂ* wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
I bought this on impulse a year ago, and have forgotten what it is.
Its flowers are actually tinted with blue.

Can even SRH identify it from such a small clue?

Er, no :-)Â* Blame it on my advancing senility!Â* Thanks for pointing
that out.Â* Here is the pictu

https://imgur.com/a/IIAa29C

Tristagma uniflorum aka spring starflower.

I still prefer the name Ipheion uniflorum.

Wikipedia uses that name, but the current British floras use Tristagma,
so I changed my practice a few year back.

--
SRH