GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pepper (sweet) Mini Red (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/216942-pepper-sweet-mini-red.html)

Primrose 14-05-2020 08:25 AM

Pepper (sweet) Mini Red

I am growing this plant in my window sill and it's just coming into
flower. Do I need to put it outside to pollinate the flowers?

This is the first time I've tried peppers.
--
I'm a sew and sow!

Primrose 14-05-2020 09:58 AM

Pepper (sweet) Mini Red

On 14/05/2020 09:16, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 08:25:01 +0100, Primrose wrote:

I am growing this plant in my window sill and it's just coming into
flower. Do I need to put it outside to pollinate the flowers?

This is the first time I've tried peppers.

They will need pollinating somehow. Outside, you're relying on insects
to do that, but inside use a small soft paintbrush, shaving brush,
cotton bud, whatever. https://tinyurl.com/y7qz9pya

Thank you, I'll see if I can find a tiny paintbrush. I suppose that I
could put it outside in the sun and bring it in later in the day.

--
I'm a sew and sow!

Primrose 14-05-2020 03:10 PM

Pepper (sweet) Mini Red

On 14/05/2020 14:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 09:58:45 +0100, Primrose wrote:

On 14/05/2020 09:16, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 08:25:01 +0100, Primrose wrote:

I am growing this plant in my window sill and it's just coming into
flower. Do I need to put it outside to pollinate the flowers?

This is the first time I've tried peppers.

They will need pollinating somehow. Outside, you're relying on insects
to do that, but inside use a small soft paintbrush, shaving brush,
cotton bud, whatever. https://tinyurl.com/y7qz9pya

Thank you, I'll see if I can find a tiny paintbrush. I suppose that I
could put it outside in the sun and bring it in later in the day.

Even outside, I'd hand pollinate them rather than just relying on
insects.

Thanks, I did that earlier, I found a tiny bristle eye brush.:-)

--
I'm a sew and sow!