Old 01-06-2020, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mice

This year I am having great trouble with mice eating my peas. The first
2 lots I pre germinated and then planted when they had the root about
1/4 of an inch long, first sowing had the pea shoots about half to an
inch up when they were hit and dug up for the pea, second lot didn't
have a chance to get aboe ground and all bar 3 were removed by the
little darlings.
Any ideas how to prevent this, other than holly and such like on the rows?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:
This year I am having great trouble with mice eating my peas. The first
2 lots I pre germinated and then planted when they had the root about
1/4 of an inch long, first sowing had the pea shoots about half to an
inch up when they were hit and dug up for the pea, second lot didn't
have a chance to get aboe ground and all bar 3 were removed by the
little darlings.
Any ideas how to prevent this, other than holly and such like on the rows?

Keep some cats? Semi-serious, we have lots of reasons for mice to be
around but we also have cats and the mice are not an issue in the
vegetable patch at least. It does depend on your situation of course,
we're very rural and away from busy roads so the cats just roam all
the time.

--
Chris Green
·

Mice blasted mice Broadback[_2_] United Kingdom 42 22-12-2009 08:06 PM
Mice problem with wood stalks bthache Gardening 6 26-03-2003 06:08 PM
mice mick United Kingdom 10 22-03-2003 12:29 PM
Re. Mice Jeffery United Kingdom 0 18-12-2002 10:56 AM
Mice eating crocus Jeffery United Kingdom 9 05-12-2002 06:08 PM