GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How far roots spread from conifer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/217000-how-far-roots-spread-conifer.html)

yooser1 07-06-2020 05:09 PM

How far roots spread from conifer

Hello,
I have a large 35 year old conifer in my front garden and the size is now worrying my wife and myself as today I found in the sewer manhole located in my driveway some thin roots ? about 3 mm thick and about 2 foot long, they were growing through the brick lined walls of the manhole.
I am concerned they maybe spreading towards the house as well as the manhole.
Would you recommend the removal of the conifer ?
I hope the photo has been attached as it hopefully explain the situation better !

Regards from Neale.

yooser1 07-06-2020 05:27 PM

Missing photo

I meant to put the distance the conifer was from the house which is 14 foot and the distance to the sewer manhole is 22 foot.
The conifer is about 12 foot high.
The photo I tried to attach has vanished !