Old 06-08-2020, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default replans Albus dying off

I bought x4 of these plants last week from a local garden centre. I put
1 in a 14inch low pot which is doing ok, and the other 3 in my garden
border.
Out of those 3, 1 has almost died, with no leaves left on it, 1 is
heading the same way, and the leaves are shrivelled, and the last one
seems to be ok for now.

Anyone know what is wrong; is it soil or something else.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/08/2020 20:07, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 19:28:25 +0100, RobH wrote:

I bought x4 of these plants last week from a local garden centre. I put
1 in a 14inch low pot which is doing ok, and the other 3 in my garden
border.
Out of those 3, 1 has almost died, with no leaves left on it, 1 is
heading the same way, and the leaves are shrivelled, and the last one
seems to be ok for now.

Anyone know what is wrong; is it soil or something else.

Do you mean Mazus reptans Albus? If so, it's a bog or marginal pond
plant, i.e. it likes it's roots damp or even wet. Did you water it in
well after planting? Have you kept it watered since? See for example
https://plantsforponds.co.uk/product...-reptans-albus

Ooops yes it says on the label it is Mazus reptans Albus.
When I went to the garden centre I was looking for ground covering
plants, and saw these. I didn't know it was what you said, as it doesn't
say it on the label.

Yes I watered them in when I plated them, but didn't realise it had to
be done almost daily. If they were watered daily, would that save them,
or should Im look for something else.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2020, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/08/2020 20:42, RobH wrote:
[...]

Maybe consider Ajuga reptans 'Alba' if you want fairly drought-resistant
evergreen ground cover with white flowers.

--

Jeff