GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/217163-tomato-leaves.html)

m06een00 07-08-2020 04:14 PM

Tomato leaves

Isn't it a bit early for the lower leaves to be yellowing and dying? The
top half of the plant seems OK and still growing, if not as vigorously
as a month ago.

https://imgur.com/a/pzRHUCU

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 07-08-2020 07:10 PM

Tomato leaves

In article ,
m06een00 wrote:
Isn't it a bit early for the lower leaves to be yellowing and dying? The
top half of the plant seems OK and still growing, if not as vigorously
as a month ago.

https://imgur.com/a/pzRHUCU

What's more, they have gone flop before yellowing. I am afraid that
it is not long for this world.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David Hill 07-08-2020 09:24 PM

Tomato leaves

On 07/08/2020 19:10, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
m06een00 wrote:
Isn't it a bit early for the lower leaves to be yellowing and dying? The
top half of the plant seems OK and still growing, if not as vigorously
as a month ago.

https://imgur.com/a/pzRHUCU

What's more, they have gone flop before yellowing. I am afraid that
it is not long for this world.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Just break off all the lower leaves up to the green ones.
The plant doesn't need them now. It's normal in comercial crops toremove
the lower leavs up to where the fruit is colouring