Old 27-08-2020, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Adhesive plant/trellis fixings

When my sister mentioned that she couldn't screw or nail anything into
her fence panels, I remembered a product I had used some years ago.
After much Googling I found Tenax No-Nail Fixers at Amazon, which look
to be exactly what I had used, but they are currently unavailabe and
Amazon don't know when/if they will be in stock again.

Basically, these are like cable ties with a central disk which is
"glued" to the wall with a pad of epoxy resin which is supplied along
with the ties. I can't seem to find this product or anything similar
available online.

Any suggestions?
--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK
Old 27-08-2020, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/08/2020 14:45, Jenny M Benson wrote:
When my sister mentioned that she couldn't screw or nail anything into
her fence panels, I remembered a product I had used some years ago.
After much Googling I found Tenax No-Nail Fixers at Amazon, which look
to be exactly what I had used, but they are currently unavailabe and
Amazon don't know when/if they will be in stock again.

Basically, these are like cable ties with a central disk which is
"glued" to the wall with a pad of epoxy resin which is supplied along
with the ties. I can't seem to find this product or anything similar
available online.

Any suggestions?

Can she fix anything to the fence posts rather than the panels? In any
case fence panels aren't exactly designed for supporting trellis; it
would be better if she could fix them to the fence posts, or failing
that, use separate posts driven into the soil and the trellis fixed to them.

If the fence panels are the only option, how about two "n-shaped" pieces
of wood with one arm of the "n" screwed to the top of the trellis
uprights and the other arm looped over the fence panel, with a couple of
short pieces of post screwed to the bottom of the trellis uprights and
pushed into the soil. That would mean some of the "n" wood showing on
the other side of the fence, which may not be acceptable, depending on
whether or not it would be screened by a tall shrub on the other side.

--

Jeff
Old 27-08-2020, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jenny M Benson wrote:

When my sister mentioned that she couldn't screw or nail anything into
her fence panels, I remembered a product I had used some years ago.
After much Googling I found Tenax No-Nail Fixers at Amazon, which look
to be exactly what I had used, but they are currently unavailabe and
Amazon don't know when/if they will be in stock again.

Basically, these are like cable ties with a central disk which is
"glued" to the wall with a pad of epoxy resin which is supplied along
with the ties. I can't seem to find this product or anything similar
available online.

Any suggestions?

It isn't quite clear if the problem is the unstated nature of the
construction of the fence, which would influence any alternative
fixing, or a limitation imposed by a third party such as a
neighbour or property owner.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 27-08-2020, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/08/2020 21:15, Chris J Dixon wrote:
It isn't quite clear if the problem is the unstated nature of the
construction of the fence, which would influence any alternative
fixing, or a limitation imposed by a third party such as a
neighbour or property owner.

Not really sure of the exact nature of the problem myself! When the
problem was mentioned and my immediately saying "I remember having ..."
was responded with "That sounds perfect!" I didn't bother to pursue the
matter, other than trying to find the things I used to use.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK
Old 29-08-2020, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:45:47 +0100, Jenny M Benson wrote:

When my sister mentioned that she couldn't screw or nail anything into
her fence panels, I remembered a product I had used some years ago.
After much Googling I found Tenax No-Nail Fixers at Amazon, which look
to be exactly what I had used, but they are currently unavailabe and
Amazon don't know when/if they will be in stock again.

Basically, these are like cable ties with a central disk which is
"glued" to the wall with a pad of epoxy resin which is supplied along
with the ties. I can't seem to find this product or anything similar
available online.

Any suggestions?

If you are looking for adhesive fittings which take cable ties, look at
places like Screwfix.

I have fittings for fixing cable runs to outside walls where you peel a
covering strip off an adhesive pad, press it onto the wall, and you can
then tie your cable to it.

I have no idea if these would be sturdy enough to hold anything major,
though.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 29-08-2020, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/08/2020 12:59, David wrote:
If you are looking for adhesive fittings which take cable ties, look at
places like Screwfix.

I have fittings for fixing cable runs to outside walls where you peel a
covering strip off an adhesive pad, press it onto the wall, and you can
then tie your cable to it.

I have no idea if these would be sturdy enough to hold anything major,
though.

Thank you, David. I'll pass that on to my sister.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK
Old 29-08-2020, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Jenny M Benson wrote:
On 29/08/2020 12:59, David wrote:
If you are looking for adhesive fittings which take cable ties, look at
places like Screwfix.

I have fittings for fixing cable runs to outside walls where you peel a
covering strip off an adhesive pad, press it onto the wall, and you can
then tie your cable to it.

I have no idea if these would be sturdy enough to hold anything major,
though.

Thank you, David. I'll pass that on to my sister.

Be warned: you can stick things on as strongly as you like but, if
the surface is likely to come loose or the material is fragile,
all that it will do is to bring some of the fence off with it.
People with older houses know that well, because lime plaster is
very fragile, which is why it was mixed with animal hair for
situations where that mattered.

Any weathered wooden fence is likely to have both problems.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Using PL-Premium (construction adhesive) to fill holes in tree trunks Sum Guy[_2_] Lawns 25 08-06-2016 04:40 PM
Which adhesive= Celotex to Plywood ? Donwill[_2_] United Kingdom 1 07-08-2010 12:57 PM
Adhesive for Pond Liner topo United Kingdom 3 06-06-2007 06:09 PM
Adhesive problem... SAM Ponds 2 17-05-2004 09:16 PM
tile adhesive in pond Mark Bannister Ponds 1 22-04-2004 12:06 PM