GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best Android App for identifying UK plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/217211-best-android-app-identifying-uk-plants.html)

David[_24_] 05-09-2020 02:53 PM

Best Android App for identifying UK plants?

Following on from the question about how to share a photo, I am also
looking at plant ID Apps.

However I would like UK specific if possible.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers

Dave R

Andy Burns[_7_] 05-09-2020 03:00 PM

David wrote:

Following on from the question about how to share a photo, I am also
looking at plant ID Apps.

However I would like UK specific if possible.
Does anyone have a recommendation?

I've recently started using Pl@ntNet, you can tell it to use a european
plant database, don't think it has uk specific, but it's given me decent
results so far.

David[_24_] 05-09-2020 03:12 PM

On Sat, 05 Sep 2020 15:00:29 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

Following on from the question about how to share a photo, I am also
looking at plant ID Apps.

However I would like UK specific if possible.
Does anyone have a recommendation?

I've recently started using Pl@ntNet, you can tell it to use a european
plant database, don't think it has uk specific, but it's given me decent
results so far.

Thanks - just trying it out.

Cheers

Dave R

Jim Scott 05-09-2020 05:32 PM

Best Android App for identifying UK plants?

In article ,
says...

Following on from the question about how to share a photo, I am also
looking at plant ID Apps.

However I would like UK specific if possible.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers

Dave R

Plantnet works for mw. You can use your own photos.

--
Jim S

Stewart Robert Hinsley 05-09-2020 09:03 PM

On 05/09/2020 15:00, Andy Burns wrote:
David wrote:

Following on from the question about how to share a photo, I am also
looking at plant ID Apps.

However I would like UK specific if possible.
Does anyone have a recommendation?

I've recently started using Pl@ntNet, you can tell it to use a european
plant database, don't think it has uk specific, but it's given me decent
results so far.

Pl@ntNet Identify is the one I use when I'm stumped (as far as I know
it's the only one with a web interface), but its identifications have to
be taken with a pinch of salt.

An alternative would be to sign up at iSpot or iNaturalist, and get
opinions from humans.

--
SRH