Old 18-10-2020, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cleone

No longer gardening in France but in the Cotswolds. Will my Cleone plants survive the Winter or do I need to plant some more next year?
Old 18-10-2020, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 04:28:08 Judith wrote:

No longer gardening in France but in the Cotswolds. Will my Cleone
plants survive the Winter or do I need to plant some more next year?

Welcome back! I'm not doing any gardening in France at the moment either
but I'm hoping that will be only temporary.

I understand that my vines in Normandy have had the best ever year. Pity
the grapes have all gone to waste. Same with the cider apples! :-(

David

Old 19-10-2020, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sunday, 18 October 2020 14:08:32 UTC+1, David Rance wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 04:28:08 Judith wrote:

No longer gardening in France but in the Cotswolds. Will my Cleone
plants survive the Winter or do I need to plant some more next year?

Welcome back! I'm not doing any gardening in France at the moment either
but I'm hoping that will be only temporary.

I understand that my vines in Normandy have had the best ever year. Pity
the grapes have all gone to waste. Same with the cider apples! :-(

David

Hi David, thank you, I am back for good as I was widowed some years ago and living in a 9 bedroom house, alone, was a bit much so I returned to be near family. I miss an awful lot about France and I am wondering whether I should have bought a small place near the sea, I was born next to the Atlantic.

It's such a shame you cannot get to your place, is it possible to go and go into isolation for a couple of weeks?
Old 20-10-2020, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 04:51:28 Judith wrote:

[...]

Yes, I could do that but, with the rising infection rate, one just
doesn't know what extra measures are likely to be brought in while away
- especially in France! Also I had a minor heart attack a year ago so
I'm being very careful.

David

Old 22-10-2020, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 11:10:49 UTC+1, David Rance wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear that David but hopefully you are well looked after medically both in France and the UK. Now what about my Cleone????

Old 23-10-2020, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 03:28:31 Judith wrote:

Now what about my Cleone????

Sorry, I can't help there but you did have a reply from Chris Hogg.

Having googled for Cleone, nothing horticultural comes up, but it does
for Cleome, Again I can't help you but this might:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/search...s?query=Cleome

David

Old 26-10-2020, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, 23 October 2020 14:34:58 UTC+1, David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 03:28:31 Judith wrote:

Now what about my Cleone????

Sorry, I can't help there but you did have a reply from Chris Hogg.

Having googled for Cleone, nothing horticultural comes up, but it does
for Cleome, Again I can't help you but this might:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/search...s?query=Cleome

David

I can't see a reply from Chris Hogg???
Old 26-10-2020, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith wrote:

I can't see a reply from Chris Hogg???

quote
Do you mean Cleome? If so, it's described as a half-hardy
annual, so Iwouldn't expect it to survive the winter, on two
counts. OTOH there is a chrysanthemum called Cleone, apparently.
endquote
Old 28-10-2020, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Monday, 26 October 2020 13:18:31 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Judith wrote:

I can't see a reply from Chris Hogg???

quote
Do you mean Cleome? If so, it's described as a half-hardy
annual, so Iwouldn't expect it to survive the winter, on two
counts. OTOH there is a chrysanthemum called Cleone, apparently.
endquote

Thank you, I will save some seed. I will look up the chrysanthemum to see if it looks the same.