Old 10-02-2021, 01:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Weatherproof electrical enclosure

On an external wall I have a pair of weatherproof sockets, and
from one of them I run a plug lead feed to a box housing a timer
and the transformer for my water feature pump, which is off
during winter.

I also use the timer to feed some of my Christmas lights.

The plastic catches for the existing enclosure have now sheared
off, after about 15 years' service. That particular design does
not seem to be around any more.

I would like tool-free access, seals for cable entry,
wall-mounting, facility to terminate a flexible conduit for the
LV pump outgoing feed.

Searches seem to offer two basic variants, both of which I have
already used for Christmas lights.

The Masterplug WBX is nicely made, but I don't think it is big
enough to accommodate the transformer.

https://www.masterplug.com/uk/outdoor/accessories

DriBox 330 is plenty big enough, but not really suitable for
wall-mounting, and not intended for permanent installation.

http://dri-box.com/

Any other suggestions?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

On 10/02/2021 13:34, Chris J Dixon wrote:
[...]

This one is 380 x 300 x 18mm:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/GWBX15127.html

Other sizes available. See Bottom quarter of page (Weatherproof - IP56
Moulded Boxes) at:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Boxes_Adaptable_Moulded/index.html

--

Jeff
Old 10-02-2021, 01:50 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

[...]

If the current box is still sound it's not difficult to find over-centre
catches to DIY a repair.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

On 10/02/2021 13:50, wrote:
[...]

+1. That's what I've done for my old Makita drill (from the days when
they had plastic, rather than metal catches).
Old 10-02-2021, 02:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

[...]

Thanks for those, but they seem to miss two items in my target
specification: tool-free access, seals for cable entry.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Try a din rail enclosure. I used one of these to house a circuit breaker,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and pop a couple of these in it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIN-RAIL-...-/182764232004

Chris

Josef Stalin
Old 10-02-2021, 03:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

On 10/02/2021 14:54, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

[...]

Oh dear! I should read the spec! Well, these aren't exactly to spec,
either, but are better. The "tool" to open can be left in place, and
cable entry should be relatively easy to deal with (perhaps with the
"Hockey sticks" on page 6):

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Mitras/Meterboxes_Brochure.pdf

--

Jeff
Old 11-02-2021, 09:45 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Any other suggestions?

The BG model WP23L has a deep cover to accommodate wall warts etc ...

https://www.bgelectrical.uk/public/downloads/data-sheets/weatherproof/WP21_WP22_WP23_WP24_13amp_Socket_Outlets.pdf

https://www.sparkswarehouse.com/products/WP23L-weatherproof-13A-1-gang-double-pole-unswitched-socket-large-housing

Backfill jj's filter, or build an enclosure? Chris Ponds 3 16-06-2005 07:15 PM
Got my new enclosure finished Roy Ponds 0 09-08-2004 03:41 AM
Mini - greenhouse or some kind of enclosure for tomatoes Chris United Kingdom 0 23-05-2004 04:11 PM
Pump enclosure ideas? ttalbls Ponds 2 30-03-2004 01:33 AM
disguising plumbing, electrical? rasta Ponds 0 22-01-2004 09:18 PM