Old 22-05-2021, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Last Post

Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek
Old 22-05-2021, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22 May 2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

BT stopped years ago like most. I then used Eternal-September Servers
(free) and use the App NewsgroupsRT (free on Windows)
--
Regards.
Bob Hobden
Old 22-05-2021, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Why not simply find another news provider? - albasani and eternal
september are free

--
“it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Old 22-05-2021, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Why not simply find another news provider? - albasani and eternal
september are free

Albasani died a year ago!
--

Jeff
Old 22-05-2021, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 17:29, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Why not simply find another news provider? - albasani and eternal
september are free

Albasani died a year ago!

AIOE is still going though and carries this group.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 23-05-2021, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Look at news.individual.net, which is cheap and filters out most of the
cr*p that other people complain about
Old 23-05-2021, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/05/2021 10:12, Bill Davy wrote:
Look at news.individual.net, which is cheap and filters out most of
the cr*p that other people complain about

I'd second that.

And I'd third it. Or, as we used to say in olden times, AOL!

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK
Old 23-05-2021, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 17:29, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Why not simply find another news provider? - albasani and eternal
september are free

Albasani died a year ago!

No one invited me to the funeral....

--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

Dennis Miller

Old 23-05-2021, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jenny M Benson wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:12, Bill Davy wrote:
Look at news.individual.net, which is cheap and filters out most of
the cr*p that other people complain about

I'd second that.

And I'd third it.* Or, as we used to say in olden times, AOL!

Me too , I have used news.individual for a few years now

Old 23-05-2021, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/05/2021 12:39, RobH wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jenny M Benson wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:12, Bill Davy wrote:
Look at news.individual.net, which is cheap and filters out most of
the cr*p that other people complain about

I'd second that.

And I'd third it.* Or, as we used to say in olden times, AOL!

Me too , I have used news.individual for a few years now

Further to chat about albasani, it appears that the guy who ran it died,
and the guy who took over simply didnt have the time to understsand what
had been built

--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Frédéric Bastiat
Old 23-05-2021, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2021 17:29, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/05/2021 16:15, Derek wrote:
Had a letter today from virgin media, they are dropping news groups
from their server,twenty years ago, I downloaded headers from
proberbly 30 news groups, now its this one and an ebook one, time to
move on

Thanks for some great help over the years

Over and Out

Derek

Why not simply find another news provider? - albasani and eternal
september are free

Albasani died a year ago!

No one invited me to the funeral....

Limited numbers due to Covid... ;-)