Old 30-05-2021, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A good year for cow parsley?

Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
time I've ever noticed it having a scent.

Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?

Andy
Old 31-05-2021, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/05/2021 22:18, Vir Campestris wrote:
Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
time I've ever noticed it having a scent.

Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?

Andy

It is always there - a perpetual road hazard
I've just mowed back about 40 yards to try and regain visibility exiting
my drive and may take a strimmer to more

Whether it is more this year than last I can not not say - the very wet
weather and the sudden increase in temperature has been like a starting
pistol to most weeds...

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Old 31-05-2021, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
Enormous swathes of it in the verges and paths this year - the first
time I've ever noticed it having a scent.

Is this just local (Cambs) or is it nationwide?

We can smell many things only on warm, sunny, calm days at exactly
the right time of flowering; it always has had a scent. There may
be more of it around here than in most places, but it's very common.
Yes, it's a good year for it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 31-05-2021, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

the very wet weather and the sudden increase in temperature has been
like a starting pistol to most weeds...

Tell me about it, end of march/start of april I'd got my field/building
plot pretty well clear of weeds, then for $VARIOUS reasons haven't been
able to visit at all, the weeds have gone apeshit, I went through half a
dozen batteries and four spools of line on the brush cutter, still
trying to convince myself that I did over 1/3 of it, but in reality I
doubt I even did 1/4.

Not much cow parsley though ...

weird second year parsley Todd[_2_] Gardening 19 27-05-2014 04:26 PM
Good Year / Bad Year Susan United Kingdom 7 13-06-2005 05:21 PM
cow parsley papa United Kingdom 3 10-06-2003 10:20 AM
cow parsley papa United Kingdom 1 09-06-2003 04:32 PM
Cow Parsley "Ravenswing" Colin Davidson United Kingdom 13 20-05-2003 03:08 PM