GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Crop rotation advice please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/21816-crop-rotation-advice-please.html)

John Towill 11-05-2003 04:21 PM

Crop rotation advice please

All the gardening books that I have read recommend a three year crop
rotation, Roots, Brassicas, Others in that order.
For Others it recommends digging in manure at dig time ( I assume Autumn),
the problem is that many of the Brassicas, which they follow are still in
the ground until, well my cauliflowers are still there. So how can you dig
in manure for the Others, surely it is too late?
Must be an answer, I look forward to it and TIA.
John T
--
Remove the wet from towill to reply
by email

The Devil's Advocate 11-05-2003 04:46 PM

Crop rotation advice please

If you follow brassicas with root crops you shouldn't add manure for that
crop but it's all a bit technical that. People may laugh but you just have
to do what you can get away with a lot of the time as there is not always
the space, I find, for a proper rotation