GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beech hedge (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/21848-beech-hedge.html)

Steve Jackson 11-05-2003 07:57 PM

Beech hedge

I have bought some beech hedging that is already well into leaf. Trouble
is, it's bundled into 5 plants with tape and the roots, although in
compost, are all mixed up with each other.

the question is, is it to late to pull them out of this bundle and plant
them up singly as a hedge, or do I have to wait until autumn?

Thanks for your help
--
Steve Jackson

Josey 11-05-2003 08:21 PM

Beech hedge

"Steve Jackson" wrote in message

I have bought some beech hedging that is already well into leaf. Trouble
is, it's bundled into 5 plants with tape and the roots, although in
compost, are all mixed up with each other.

the question is, is it to late to pull them out of this bundle and plant
them up singly as a hedge, or do I have to wait until autumn?

Thanks for your help
--
Steve Jackson

Wait 'till autumn now.

Jc.

bnd777 11-05-2003 10:33 PM

Beech hedge

providing you plant them into a trench with lots of compost plus keep them
well watered they should be fine