GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   storage lifetime of glyphosate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/21984-storage-lifetime-glyphosate.html)

dave @ stejonda 12-05-2003 09:09 AM

storage lifetime of glyphosate

Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?

I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
rush out to buy anew?

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?

Nick Maclaren 12-05-2003 09:10 AM

storage lifetime of glyphosate

In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant, and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather. Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Paul Kelly 12-05-2003 10:09 AM

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?

I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
rush out to buy anew?

Not unusual to take 10 days to respond. I've just bee through the same
process. 10 days of dry weather - no sign of any affect, a few days of mixed
sun and rain and lots of lovely dead foliage!
pk

dave @ stejonda 12-05-2003 10:45 AM

storage lifetime of glyphosate

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant,

A variety, from rhus typhina regrowth to annual weeds (thought I'd just
treat them all the same).

and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather.

Ok, though it's not been that cold here - I'm just impatient.

Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

ta both.

Anthony E Anson 12-05-2003 11:45 AM

storage lifetime of glyphosate

The message
In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:

| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant, and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather. Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

It takes a while for it to act, and some plants don't show any signs for
a couple of weeks. I've used Roundup which was ten years old and noticed
no diminution of effect.

If what you are spraying isslightly oily, a touch of washing-up liquid
is beneficial (but not to the greenery!) but don't tell the EC Police...

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi