Old 12-05-2003, 03:18 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default storage lifetime of glyphosate

Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?

I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
rush out to buy anew?

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?
Old 12-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant, and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather. Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Paul Kelly

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?

I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
rush out to buy anew?

Not unusual to take 10 days to respond. I've just bee through the same
process. 10 days of dry weather - no sign of any affect, a few days of mixed
sun and rain and lots of lovely dead foliage!
pk

Old 12-05-2003, 03:20 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| Does Glyphosate concentrate lose its efficacy over time?
|
| I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
| ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
| rush out to buy anew?

On what? Some things are very resistant,

A variety, from rhus typhina regrowth to annual weeds (thought I'd just
treat them all the same).

and 10 days is not a long
time in cold weather.

Ok, though it's not been that cold here - I'm just impatient.

Undiluted glyphosate keeps for a long time.

ta both.

Old 12-05-2003, 03:21 PM
jane

~
~I have a bottle of Tumbleweed which I applied (diluted as per) 10 days
~ago to greenery and nothing has happened. Should I re-apply the same or
~rush out to buy anew?
~

I applied paint-on gel tumbleweed to some white bindweed last year,
and it stayed there looking green for ages. I kept meaning to reapply
but kept forgetting to take up the stuff to the allotment, and one day
I realised they were gone.

This year the patch remains clear, so I have sprayed the rest of the
orchard bindweed with the dilutable form. I await the disappearing
act, but do know it was a long time last year. The destructions do say
not to dig over the patch for at least seven days, which is how long
it takes to get to the roots in ideal conditions.

I'll let you know if there's any change!

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!