GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Uist hedgehogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22228-uist-hedgehogs.html)

Doreen Taylor 13-05-2003 12:56 PM

Uist hedgehogs

We applied to rehome some hedgepigs, and were turned down, although we
already have two little houses ready for them. This was because of our
proximity to the A.12, which is at least a mile, mile and a half away and
they would have to cross several minor residential streets and agricultural
fields to reach it. We are backed by the local farmers` fields and open
countryside. Perhaps they mistook the hedgepigs for kangaroos!

BAC 13-05-2003 06:08 PM

Uist hedgehogs

"Doreen Taylor" wrote in message
We applied to rehome some hedgepigs, and were turned down, although we
already have two little houses ready for them. This was because of our
proximity to the A.12, which is at least a mile, mile and a half away and
they would have to cross several minor residential streets and

agricultural
fields to reach it. We are backed by the local farmers` fields and open
countryside. Perhaps they mistook the hedgepigs for kangaroos!

At least it goes to prove that those doing the relocation aren't just
releasing them willy-nilly.

Jon Rouse 17-05-2003 09:33 AM

Uist hedgehogs

In article , Doreen
Taylor writes
We applied to rehome some hedgepigs, and were turned down, although we
already have two little houses ready for them. This was because of our
proximity to the A.12, which is at least a mile, mile and a half away and
they would have to cross several minor residential streets and agricultural
fields to reach it. We are backed by the local farmers` fields and open
countryside. Perhaps they mistook the hedgepigs for kangaroos!

Did you send a donation? I suspect that's why we were turned down. The
A61 is only a few hundred yards away, but there are buildings in
between, and the hedgehogs would have to be very unlucky to find the one
eight foot gap. At the other three sides are open fields, a park, an old
folks home and a churchyard. I suspect their real selection criterion is
the size of your wallet or purse.

Jon - cynical as ever.
--
E-mail bouncing? Make sure your mailer is set to 'plain text' and not 'html'.

BAC 17-05-2003 01:44 PM

Uist hedgehogs

"Jon Rouse" wrote in message
In article , Doreen
Taylor writes
[...]

And what did they say when you raised your suspicions with them?

Doreen Taylor 24-05-2003 10:56 AM

Uist hedgehogs

Yes, did send donation, though not huge amount, irony is, with the letter
turning us down, arrived a leaflet entitled `How to attract hedgehogs to
your garden`!
"Jon Rouse" wrote in message
In article , Doreen
Taylor writes