Old 14-05-2003, 09:20 AM
TheScullster

Default Urgent - Will Runners Survive Frost

The weather reporters are forcasting frost for this evening.
Last weekend, I planted out some runners (Scarlet Emperor) - about 8" tall.
Despite some strongish winds, they seem to be OK, but will they survive a
ground frost?

If not, is there an easy way to protect them, now they are climbing up a
wig-wam?

TIA

Phil

Old 14-05-2003, 09:56 AM
jane

~
~If not, is there an easy way to protect them, now they are climbing up a
~wig-wam?
~

I reckon a long length of fleece wrapped round the plants and then
stuffed down inside the wigwam to protect the inside should do it.

(off to check local forecast for here, as I don't want to lose me
spuds)

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!

Old 16-05-2003, 05:44 PM
TheScullster

Thanks guys

Phil