GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Euphorbia tirucalli (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22413-euphorbia-tirucalli.html)

dave @ stejonda 14-05-2003 09:44 AM

Euphorbia tirucalli

I found this on the BBC News www-site. I don't know whether it grows
outside here but someone in urg might be growing it.

** Plant sap 'causes cancer' **
The sticky sap of the African milkbush [Euphorbia tirucalli] may be an
important cause of Burkitt's lymphoma - the most common childhood cancer
in much of Africa.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/h...th/3024051.stm

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?

Charlie Pridham 14-05-2003 09:32 PM

Euphorbia tirucalli

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
I found this on the BBC News www-site. I don't know whether it grows
outside here but someone in urg might be growing it.

** Plant sap 'causes cancer' **
The sticky sap of the African milkbush [Euphorbia tirucalli] may be an
important cause of Burkitt's lymphoma - the most common childhood cancer
in much of Africa.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/h...th/3024051.stm

--
dave @ stejonda

I treat most Euphorbia with great respect having seen how quickly just a
couple of drops of sap in the water can kill fish!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Kay Easton 14-05-2003 11:32 PM

Euphorbia tirucalli

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

I treat most Euphorbia with great respect having seen how quickly just a
couple of drops of sap in the water can kill fish!

Blimey! never thought of that! Thanks
--
Kay Easton - owner of 4 fish ponds and at least twice as many euphorbias.

dave @ stejonda 15-05-2003 08:32 AM

Euphorbia tirucalli

In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

I treat most Euphorbia with great respect having seen how quickly just a
couple of drops of sap in the water can kill fish!

Blimey! never thought of that! Thanks

the story is also reported at

dave @ stejonda