Old 14-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Steve Harris

Default No flowers on gooseberry bush

I planted a "leveller" last autumn. After a slow start this spring, it's
fully leafed up. However, according to "The Fruit Expert" it should have
blossomed in April. I saw no blossom.

? Normal in it's first year ?
? The blossom is easily missed?
? Other?

Thanks!

Old 14-05-2003, 07:20 PM
anton

Steve Harris wrote in message ...
I planted a "leveller" last autumn. After a slow start this spring, it's
fully leafed up. However, according to "The Fruit Expert" it should have
blossomed in April. I saw no blossom.

? Normal in it's first year ?
? The blossom is easily missed?
? Other?

The flower on older wood- it's probably too young.

--
Anton

Old 14-05-2003, 11:08 PM
flake

anton wrote:

Steve Harris wrote in message ...
I planted a "leveller" last autumn. After a slow start this spring, it's
fully leafed up. However, according to "The Fruit Expert" it should have
blossomed in April. I saw no blossom.

? Normal in it's first year ?
? The blossom is easily missed?
? Other?

The flower on older wood- it's probably too young.

Also, the flowers are easily missed. I only know mine are in flower when I
see the bees buzzing about. A closer inspection then confirms it. By now
you should be able to see the fruit forming (my whitesmith and leveller
bushes have fruit about marble-size right now).
Diane (in South Bucks)

Gooseberry bush pollination David in Normandy[_7_] United Kingdom 3 14-04-2009 11:34 PM
Gooseberry bush problems Roger United Kingdom 6 08-08-2007 01:40 AM
gooseberry bush ajr United Kingdom 4 11-11-2005 07:11 PM
propagating gooseberry bush Ros Butt United Kingdom 8 15-07-2005 07:55 PM
Gooseberry Bush Ben United Kingdom 1 02-08-2004 06:04 PM