Old 14-05-2003, 06:08 PM
p_rone

Default shedding skin from finger pads?

Tat wrote:
About a week and a half ago Kira had what looked like a small
blister on her thumb, which rapidly lead to the top couple of
layers of skin coming of virtually all of the pad of her thumb.
I thought nothing of it until a couple of days later the same
thing happened on her other thumb, and today I've had a good
look at her hands again and it's gradually spreading across
her hands. It's got as far at the middle finger on one hand
and her ring finger on the other.

It has happened before, but that was pretty much all fingers
at the same time, and we put it down to her having been playing
in my grandmothers greenhouse the day before - although my gran
is an organic gardener and claims not have put any chemicals
in her greenhouse.

Does this peeling give rise to any discomfort? Is it just
uniform de-lamination, or are there sore or crusty bits?
Is it just on the finger tip, or are there other flaky bits?

Hmm, gardening.... there are various plants which might
cause this - perhaps uk.rec.gardening might help! BTW,
u.r.g, Kira is a 3-year-old!

Get your own evilemail.com address at http://www.evilemail.com

Old 15-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Tat

"p_rone" ] wrote in message

Does this peeling give rise to any discomfort? Is it just
uniform de-lamination, or are there sore or crusty bits?
Is it just on the finger tip, or are there other flaky bits?

no discomfort, just mass peeling of fingertips! no sore or crusty bits, and
only fingertips, no other flaky bits (phew - did that cover it all g)

Thanks!

Katie

Old 17-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Essjay001

Tat wrote:
"p_rone" ] wrote in message

Does this peeling give rise to any discomfort? Is it just
uniform de-lamination, or are there sore or crusty bits?
Is it just on the finger tip, or are there other flaky bits?

no discomfort, just mass peeling of fingertips! no sore or crusty
bits, and only fingertips, no other flaky bits (phew - did that cover
it all g)

If you are worried go see a doctor