Old 16-05-2003, 01:44 PM
ged hickman

Default Nurseries near Milton Keynes

Are there any nurseries near MK, where I can stock up? I need a little bit
more advice and less price than a garden centre.
Ged

Old 16-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Clive Perry

"ged hickman" wrote in message
Are there any nurseries near MK, where I can stock up? I need a little bit
more advice and less price than a garden centre.
Ged

We have used http://www.buckingham-nurseries.co.uk/ mail order for many years.
Advice given over the phone has always been sound and the plants purchased have
been good value - IMHO of course!!

Have never been 'on site' but would imagine it to be okay if the remote buying
experience is anything to go by.

Clive

Old 16-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard ged hickman say...
Are there any nurseries near MK, where I can stock up? I need a little bit
more advice and less price than a garden centre.
Ged

How near? There's an excellent nursery just up the road from me near
Daventry. Probably about an hour up the A5 from MK. If you want, I can
try and find the phone number. I had difficulty tracking it down last
time I needed to contact them. The manager is a great bloke and will
happily answer any questions.

Note: I have no interest other than they were very helpful with a
project I had to do for college.
--
Fenny
Spike: The truth is - I like this world. You've got dog racing,

Old 17-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Moonshine

On Fri, 16 May 2003 21:20:12 +0100, "ged hickman"
wrote:

Thank you. Looks good, i ama working in MK at the moment so a Birthday trip
looks imminent....

"Clive Perry" wrote in message

We have used http://www.buckingham-nurseries.co.uk/ mail order for many

years.
Advice given over the phone has always been sound and the plants purchased

have
been good value - IMHO of course!!

Have never been 'on site' but would imagine it to be okay if the remote

buying
experience is anything to go by.

Clive

Just take note they are NOT open on Saturday. Wierd I know.