GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identifying a tree... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22813-identifying-tree.html)

Rick McGreal 16-05-2003 05:20 PM

Identifying a tree...

Can someone please identify this tree for me?

http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/tree.jpg

Its a silver-green 'conifer' of some kind...

I'd also like to know how I can get a cutting.....
(They will have to be fairly easy to follow as the person who has the tree
lives in Scotland and I live don't!)

Thanks

Rick McGreal 18-05-2003 03:20 PM

Identifying a tree...

"gastropod" wrote in
:

http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/tree.jpg
Its a silver-green 'conifer' of some kind...
I'd also like to know how I can get a cutting.....
(They will have to be fairly easy to follow as the person who has the
tree lives in Scotland and I live don't!)

Can we get a close-up of the foliage?

Here
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/tree2.jpg
Be careful.....Its a fairly big image 160k

Rick McGreal 18-05-2003 03:20 PM

Identifying a tree...

"gastropod" wrote in
:

Can someone please identify this tree for me?
http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/tree.jpg
Its a silver-green 'conifer' of some kind...

Can we get a close-up of the foliage?

I had a look in my book....
Could it be either....

Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Ellwood's Gold'
or
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Boulevard'

The images in my book arn't that clear....