GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn Mower sharpen & set (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22836-lawn-mower-sharpen-set.html)

Ady 16-05-2003 09:08 PM

Lawn Mower sharpen & set

I have a Webb 17" cylinder mower that could do with a good sharpen and
set + service and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places in
or around Ibstock (Leicestershire). There is one place nearby but @ £130
I thought was a bit expensive.
Is it worth buying a cheaper rotary mower for £100 and not bothering
sharpening the old one ?

Cheers

Ady

Rod 16-05-2003 09:56 PM

Lawn Mower sharpen & set

"Ady" wrote in message
I have a Webb 17" cylinder mower that could do with a good sharpen and
set + service and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places in
or around Ibstock (Leicestershire). There is one place nearby but @ £130
I thought was a bit expensive.
Is it worth buying a cheaper rotary mower for £100 and not bothering
sharpening the old one ?

No.Webbs were one of the best makes - keep it going as long as you can.

Rod

Peter Coddington 17-05-2003 12:08 AM

Lawn Mower sharpen & set

"Ady" wrote in message
I have a Webb 17" cylinder mower that could do with a good sharpen

and
set + service and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places

in
or around Ibstock (Leicestershire). There is one place nearby but @

£130
I thought was a bit expensive.
Is it worth buying a cheaper rotary mower for £100 and not bothering
sharpening the old one ?

Cheers

Ady

Try the "Truegrind" mower sharpener. I have used one for a couple of
years on my 15 year old cyliner mower with
great success.(cost about a tenner)

They are available from TRUGRIND(Dept GN30)
32 Brooklands Gardens, Hornchurch,Essex RM11 2AE Tel: (01708) 444348
'Trugrind' have a web site
Peter..

---