GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shed Base (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22912-shed-base.html)

Fredrick Skoog 17-05-2003 09:44 AM

Shed Base

Hi All,

I'm looking at putting in a shed in the back of my garden and am looking for
a bit of advice from you 'experts' out there! I'm going with a standard 6x4
size with the base slightly larger to accommodate a small chair and a few
pots - say 10x8. My question is....how much aggregate and concrete am I
likely to need to make a base that size?

Thanks,

Nick Maclaren 17-05-2003 10:32 AM

Shed Base

In article ,
Fredrick Skoog wrote:

I'm looking at putting in a shed in the back of my garden and am looking for
a bit of advice from you 'experts' out there! I'm going with a standard 6x4
size with the base slightly larger to accommodate a small chair and a few
pots - say 10x8. My question is....how much aggregate and concrete am I
likely to need to make a base that size?

Unless you are going to store ex-Iraqi drums of uranium, none.

You CAN make a major foundation, but it isn't needed and is a right
pain for anyone who wants to remove it. I have a bigger shed and
it is on some of my surplus 3'x2' concrent slabs. You really don't
need anything more.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Paul Kelly 17-05-2003 01:08 PM

Shed Base

"Fredrick Skoog" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm looking at putting in a shed in the back of my garden and am looking

for
a bit of advice from you 'experts' out there! I'm going with a standard

6x4
size with the base slightly larger to accommodate a small chair and a few
pots - say 10x8. My question is....how much aggregate and concrete am I
likely to need to make a base that size?

Better to put down a layer of 20mm gravel over landscaping frabric and stand
the shed on runners sittin on the gravel. Better drainage that way. Pave the
extra area in slabs for a flat and level surface or more gravel over
hardcore for an easier byt les flat surface

pk