GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sweet potato (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/22923-sweet-potato.html)

Justin Thyme 17-05-2003 12:44 PM

sweet potato

Does anyone have experience of growing sweet potatoes in UK?

There is some information on RHS website

http://www.rhs.org.uk/publications/p...03/rootveg.asp

Just wondered if anyone had tried and what the results were.

Sue & Bob Hobden 17-05-2003 03:32 PM

sweet potato

"Justin wrote in message
Does anyone have experience of growing sweet potatoes in UK?

There is some information on RHS website

http://www.rhs.org.uk/publications/p...03/rootveg.asp

Just wondered if anyone had tried and what the results were.

There has recently been a thread on this that came off the post by Natalie
on the 12/5 titled "Butternut Squash".

Marshalls sell slips (rooted cuttings)of a variety they say has been bred to
grow in cooler climates.
They arrived a month too late last year and we only got pencil thin sweet
potatoes all of which had been slugged. We didn't bother this year as I
can't see them bulking up even if planted a month earlier.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Justin Thyme 17-05-2003 04:08 PM

sweet potato

There has recently been a thread on this that came off the post by Natalie
on the 12/5 titled "Butternut Squash".

Ooops...sorry missed that one!